Customer Service Field Technician
Number of Open Positions: 1
ABE Equipment is looking for a motivated, self-starting, team-oriented Customer Service Field Technician. We are a world leader in providing top-notch beverage production and packaging equipment around the globe. We pride ourselves on having the best customer service in the industry and maintaining the solid reputation we have built over the years. If you are looking for a fast-paced, ever-challenging career, then we may have the opportunity for you. This position requires a high mechanic aptitude and strong communication skills.
To learn more about us check out this video: https://vimeo.com/600448886
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
- Basic to moderate computer literacy/competency. Ability to learn/work within computerized tracking/business systems for the purpose of reviewing inventory levels, ordering parts, review machine component listing, etc.
- Conceptual and logical thinking organized and having the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and workload.
- This Field Service Technician role requires the ability to work extended hours and travel a great deal. The Field Service Technician may be needed to travel with little notice to customer locations most anywhere in the US. As the skill set of this service technician matures, they may also be asked to travel internationally.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Developed interpersonal and negotiations skill set. Composed and able to listen and professionally respond to customer concerns.
- Strong technical skills set and ability to problem solve mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post high school technical schooling/accreditation. Associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical field.
- Experience as a customer service or field service representative, serving in a problem solving and or technical role.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing methodologies, KanBan, 5-S, Process Flow/Value Stream Mapping.
Essential Functions of Job Under the Direction of Leadership:
- Serve as point person with customers, addressing concerns and needs.
- Provide real-time technical support including mechanical, electrical, and programing. Problem solving customer issues and bring to resolution, while maintaining financial and resource balance for the Company.
- Assist with the returns of parts from customers that may or may not be defective and research why the part was returned.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and suppliers, communicating issues and concerns, dates & deadlines, etc.
- Assist with communication, coordination, and shipment of needed parts to customers.
- Train and educate customer in the use/application of Norland products.
- Capture customer concerns in Quality Assurance NCP/CAPA database.
- Uses current and any new CRM/ERP/Inventory software to document communications, parts sales, incidents, etc. of customers.
- When serving in the capacity of a field tech, complete the Installation parts list to ensure arrival with needed support equipment and tools. Serve as company liaison and complete related reports.
- Assist with writing troubleshooting and maintenance bulletins for Norland equipment manuals as time permits.
- Works to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures and ensuring product quality outcomes.
- Actively supports and enforces plant safety processes and practices.
- Supports Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the success of the business and team by accomplishing individual accountabilities and needed results
- Other duties as assigned.